Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reporting for Duty

After my recent experience with the neighbor, I felt vulnerable, betrayed, and rather angry.  I felt like someone had just gouged another rut in my abusive past, and I wanted to lash out with a whip.  But after going to hear Todd White speak, I think God broke through with quite a revelation for me to simmer on.
 
Going to war against my accuser satan, might look a bit different than I’d earlier thought. Todd kept talking about keeping my eyes focused on my Father. If I did that, then the His love would readily flow into my daily actions towards others. He mentioned several times about loving the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, and loving my neighbor as myself. What better way to deal with my old enemy than to turn what he’d meant to crater me, into victory for God? At one point I felt His eyes piercing through the crowded room engaging mine…as if God was sending me a direct message through this humble prophet… ‘Kerrie, if you wanna get back at satan, love your neighbor.’

All this got me to think’in. What if being a shield holding warrior for the Lord means something other than using force as in spears or violence.  What if God’s weapon of choice, post Old Testament with coming of Jesus, is love, healing, restoration…gifts that flow out of a spirit led life in such a way that we're a pure reflection of our Lord? Those are tactics that Satan can’t touch, because he's got no defense against that which he doesn’t understand. He’ll never win against spiritual gifts that come from knowing God intimately. What that love looks like or how the war plays out in my life, I’m not sure.  Except that if I cling so closely to Him in my worship each day, then I should be confident that He will be represented, not me.

I’ve been asking God to show me how to listen to Him. I know He speaks ‘cause I’ve heard Him many times.  But that means being intentionally still to hear...while I’m reading the Bible, praising in song, crying out in prayer. I believe that’s the heart of why I am compelled to write; to be an out pouring of God, whose essence is temporarily molded into words that I’m confident He’ll supply. If it’s from Him, then He’ll give me the courage to be transparent in sharing those thoughts with others.
 
It’s not about me, appearances, or opinions from other folks. It’s not about Likes on FB, comments left on a particular post, or seeking admiration.  It’s about allowing His image to be paved over past ruts 'n pot holes that no longer define me. It's about honoring God.

I have an impending sense that time is short, maybe my personal time on earth, or maybe the end of time as we all know it.  But regardless, this princess warrior is answering His call and reporting for duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment